Sunday, July 13, 2014

Sunday Scrappin'

Today was to be a laid back day...church and a barbeque. Stuff happened and so all was cancelled as hubster cares for a very dear friend (previous post reading is required). We're thankful to give service to others when called upon.
My service is not required this time so I will be holding down the fort as the hubby says. I finally have the stuff together to begin scrapping our album. Below are a few pics of the anniversary that hopefully will find their way on scrapbook paper.
My daughter preparing a plate and I have no idea what was so funny. Just like our wedding day, some of this day is a blur.
 The family just finished a hearty laugh and I had no idea why so my favorite nephew and I are having one of 'our moments' as he tries to 'splain (you'd have to know his humor to appreciate it). This nephew is a chef in a very respected, classy and pricey restaurant. I understand he happily volunteered to do most of the cooking for this event which according to all reports made our non-cooking daughters very happy.
The only one of our wedding party who attended the party...my baby sis. I know it was a rough day for her but she put her best foot forward and celebrated with us. She and her husband (my hubby's childhood/teen best friend) also celebrated their 30th anniversary in March exactly 1 month before God called him home.
 It takes a while for me to get into the swing of scrapping. This album is finished with the exception of journaling (4 yrs now and I still don't have it done ;) ). It's not the pictures I'm referring to but the layouts. I really want to have awesome pages for our album much like these pages.
 The paper is a shabby chic style and I want to incorporate this along with the chalkboard paper so we'll see how it turns out.
I'm spending today scrappin' and If you don't hear from me, you'll know I was smothered in mounds of paper and pictures.

1 comment:

SissySees said...

I'm so glad you're preserving these memories. They're beautiful, and so are you!!