Monday, April 07, 2014

My cup of tea

Tasseography is the reading of tea leaves for the future. I don't believe the future can be predicted. Sometimes a person's behavior can be predicted but the future as a whole cannot.
I'm a coffee drinker and occasionally I enjoy a nice hot cup of tea to forget my troubles (if in fact I have any). My favorite is Good Earth who produces a perfect blend of Sweet & Spicy.  Twinings also produces some fine tea.
 A cup of tea socks pattern caught my knitting needles' attention so I dyed yarn in a nice tea blend and cast on. Other knitted projects have consumed my needles but it's time to dig this WIP out of the basket and finish them for next winter.
 I'm a simple person. I learned early on, money doesn't buy happiness. Parties, running here there and everywhere, extended vacations (longer than a week, particularly with family) and reunions are not my cup of tea. I'm still contemplating whether or not to attend my high school reunion this summer. Tried having dinners and parties but the 'excuses' and no shows just weren't worth the effort. Not to mention the left over food to be eaten...lol
Knitting, sewing, scrapping, spending time with a few family members/friends are my simple cup of tea :D

Life...reading tea leaves, to forgive and forget is Divine

1 comment:

SissySees said...

If they're not your cup of tea, don't bother! Life is short; do what you love.