1) I have without a doubt the best hubby in the world. That said, he occasionally gets on my one nerve and makes me laugh, sometimes at the same time ;)
2) My daughters know me well....my sons? not so much (although the poor things think they know me, God bless their wee hearts)
3) I'm outspoken and could care less. Recently I've learned to smile ever-so-sweetly and keep the trap shut. Makes people wonder what's really going thru my mind ;)
4) We raised our kids to be strong people and if you are one of their spouses, you married an offspring of us. The stubborn, strong-willed, outspoken, no-nonsense, pull up the Appalachian bootstraps personality didn't just happen. It was born, bred and nurtured into their little souls and as the saying goes in this neck of the woods..."you ain't never gonna change it" ;)
5) Lapcat-a creature who upon an unknown signal from an open laptop immediately jumps on the keyboard
6) We do not coddle....I repeat...we do not coddle anyone over the age of adolescence or 14 yrs whichever comes first (please refer to ponder # 3 & 4)
7) We're simple folks. Material gifts are nice and well received but the best gift is Time.
8) Anger, grudges, resentment, retailiation, revenge etc rarely affects the intended victim, including me. They always destroy from within. Just when I believe I'm the intended victim, ponder #4 kicks in ;) )
8) Mr. Bettis will forever bark at nothing
9) My hobbies keep my hands busy. As my great-grandmother always said, "idle hands are the work of the devil." They also help shrug off #8.
10) Smile. It not only makes people wonder what you've been up to but I hear it keeps one young
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,The courage to change the things I can, And the wisdom to know the difference.