Saturday, March 29, 2014

On task

Gee I wish I could stay on task for just one knitted project...lol. The little Peter Rabbit buttons are no longer available and I have 2 remaining. A little blue sweater was made for our first born grandson's baptism by request of his mom and I used 2 of them on his sweater and now the last 2 are begging to be used. Digging in stash I found this yarn and I'm thinking a classic cable sweater (as the first one) is in order.

I've been contemplating Life a lot since bowing out of social media for Lent. The time is approaching to consider whether or not to return. I'm making a list of pros and cons.
Pros:
Some of the friends
Jokes
Puns
Sarcasm
Politics

Cons
Some of the friends ;)
DRAMA. And that is the biggest reason to not return. Amazes me to see adults resort to teenage behavior (blocking, cryptic messages, ignore, like/dislike etc). SMH...I literally laughed so hard tears ran down my cheeks the last time I found out thru the grapevine that I was blocked. Immaturity at it's finest and if I wanted to deal with immature behavior I'd sign up as a volunteer at the local middle school....no thanks :D

I do enjoy pinterest and of course ravelry as well as many other knitting sites...you know? Those where one can add scrumptious yarn to carts. I've also enjoyed blogging again and of course opening my email account to a new email from friends brings a smile. A lot of projects around here have been taken to task since I've been off the social drama site and that alone is a reason to stay away.

There are many things happening here in the mountains. Some I can share and some must remain quiet (not my news to share). In the meantime, I knit....

Life...realizing that reading what one had for dinner every night is not newsworthy ;)

1 comment:

SissySees said...

You know, there are so many social media outlets that you can choose which one(s) you use and ignore the others.

Or you can "unfollow" "friends." I've done a lot of that lately. It's not the same as unfriending, so if the Knight sees something from them I might care about, I can still see it if I care to make the effort, and there's no drama from them figuring out that I've unfriended them...