Wednesday, March 26, 2014

It's the simple things

Finally finished this little sweater set. Made from Berroco Weekend DK, a nice cotton blend. I fell in love with the name of the yarn color, Clothesline (yeah, doesn't take much for me...lol). The yarn is a bit splitty but love how it knit and it's easy care. Now comes the hard part, buttons. Thought I had 3 red buttons (that's what I get for not checking in the first place) sadly I have 2 and I made 3 buttonholes so it could button over the chest of baby. I have a huge plastic container full of buttons with very few red ones.
Now you may think it's easy to find nice red buttons but we live in a rural area with a very tiny fabric store and walmart. Could not find red buttons that are suitable. Looks like a trip out of town is on the schedule ;)
                       I had enough yarn left to make a matching hat. I'm lovin' the colors of this set.
As a friend said, looks like March's idea of going out like a lamb means white, fluffy, soft snow. It's not much but it's slick on the mountains(according to the hubby).

Life....it's about the simple things, like red buttons and the color name of a yarn ;)

2 comments:

SissySees said...

OMG. I LOVE those colors! So pretty.

Rain today and thunderstorms tomorrow. Stupid weather.

Lapdog Creations said...

What an adorable set!