Saturday, May 03, 2014

Diggin' my needles....

Digging my needles in the knitting trench has resulted in small steps but productive ones. My Girasole shawl is on the move. I'm in love. This is going to be the most satisfying project once finished. Lace weight, intricate pattern and small needles are perfect.
The previous post was about a little guy's sweater. I had trouble finding the perfect yarn in the perfect weight and color along with washability. Jimmy Beans Wool was my final choice. It was shipped 2 days ago from across the big wide country and arrived today! Given our sorting postal service in the big city (eyeroll here) has deliberately delayed rural mail in the past, this package took an alternate route east. 

Just found out today that a "princess" has arrived 2 weeks early. Her parents are dear friends of our daughter and son-in-law and she has quite a few knitted requests...lol. I have a surprise for her but it's still on the needles. I'll give a tip: it's many shades of green and pink. I'd best get busy.

2 comments:

SissySees said...

Beautiful knitting and yarn!

There are lots of new little ones here to welcome too. I need to pick up my knitting!

Laura Neal said...

Knitting socks over here. I want to do another shawl but, I have other commitments and can't have at one. Love your color choices. :)