Monday, April 27, 2009

Quiet Thoughts


Forgive the photographer and her lack of camera skills:).
It's morning and I wanted you to see that I did a little yard work/planting this weekend. Do you see Phoebe and Molly waiting at the door?

We hung the flag earlier than normal this year. I think we all need to be grateful for our freedom and human rights. So often we as Americans take our freedom for granted. I salute our military who sacrifice so much so that we may have and enjoy that freedom.

The DD attended a tea luncheon this weekend to benefit her flute teacher's missionary work in Ethiopia this summer. She and the DD played duets for the luncheon and it was a very nice Saturday afternoon.







I finally finished this project. I love this pattern.
The DD's flute teacher will be presented with this at the recital later in the month.
The colors are perfect for her and I know she will appreciate the shawl.







This shawl is a comfort shawl for my future DIL's mother. I named it The Angels' Hug.
Our #2 Son is getting married May 2, 2009. i will be certain to post pictures after the wedding next weekend.
In January I mentioned there was a family illness that I would disclose later. Our future DIL's father was diagnosed with brain cancer.
This wedding will be beautiful but bittersweet.








On a slightly lighter note I drum carded some pink BFL with cashmere. Reminds me of cotton candy. I love the color and I can't wait to spin it into some beautiful yarn.