Friday, April 10, 2009

It's A Good Friday



These are my best friend right now. I have the classic symptoms of a virus. Sore throat, body aches, neck pain etc. Keep your dpns crossed that it really is a virus. I'm hoping Mr. Lyme didn't decide to return for an Easter visit.
Puffs with Vicks is the next best thing to sliced bread. Love 'em.








Princess Aurora was stalking the spare room window. I took a look and sure enough a nice fat Robin was hopping within 1 foot of the window. Of course the screen keeps her inside but she was licking her lips and staring for a very long time. Those Robins know the cats can't get to them so the taunt every chance they get. Much like the squirrel's antics with Mr. Bettis.
As you can see Mr. B was nosey about the fuss I was making with Aurora so he just had to see what was going on at the window. Nosey dog.



I finished them! YAY!!!! This is the Eunice pattern from Cookie A's new book, Sock Innovation. I love this book. I have a nice collection of sock books but this one is my absolute favorite. Did you get your's yet, Jess?
The color is not quite my colorway and I have no idea why I purchased it but they're finished and they're MINE!
The cuff is a bit shorter then I like but I was running out of yarn so I didn't add another repeat. I wish STR would add another 25 yards to their fingering weight yarn. (sigh) I'm dyeing another yarn color and there's 400 yds to the skein so I know it will be safe to add another repeat to the cuff.






Peanut butter eggs just in time for the Easter Bunny.












Good Friday is preparation for Easter Sunday in this household. New beginnings.
We will be celebrating with church and dinner. What are your plans for Easter?