Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Carry-on

We celebrated the nation's birthday with a picnic and fireworks. God Bless America!

I baked homemade strawberry cupcakes topped with a delicious strawberry buttercream frosting. The frosting recipe was my own experiment and it's received rave reviews from the daughters who were hovering over the icing bowl.
The major summer holiday of the U.S.A. is over and now we carry on for the next two months until our mountains are full of rich fall color and the temperatures are cooler. I could've sworn I heard katy-dids this morning...but ssshhhh....don't tell anyone, it's a sign that Fall is around the corner.



Getting ready for the cool days and nights that will soon be upon us, I'm stash busting an afghan. I have quite a few skeins of leftover wool from years past and it's time to use it. This is a simple double crochet ripple.

Occasionally I enjoy a crochet project that's mindless and yet creative and this one fills the bill.

I'm still knitting on the copycat shawl but those rows are getting might long.


What if anything do you cast on for Fall?





4 comments:

SissySees said...

Fall?! Begging your pardon ma'am... There's still almost all of July, August, Labor Day, and THEN we can talk about fall.

Hem. Guess I need to wind yarn and cast on for Ub-Kate?

Lapdog Creations said...

I *so* could go for one of those cupcakes right now... maybe 2?

Laura Neal said...

Those cupcakes look good. I love the afghan. I am working on fingerless mitts right now and getting ready to do a charity knit for a group of girls age 13 to 18 who need fingerless mitts for Christmas. Without these mitts they won't have a Christmas present and the charity needs 200 pairs. Wow! So, I plan on knitting some up for them and sending them along. Everyone deserves a Christmas present.

Bubblesknits said...

Mmm...did ya save one of those cupcakes for me? /drool/ If you get Fall that early, I'm moving to the mountains with you. Just sayin'. It's so hot here that it's miserable. Blech.