Sunday, March 15, 2009




Of course my sense of humor and I just had to make the apron a fun garment. I found this fabric and whipped up an apron just for the New DIL- to -be.
I also found a pair of #2 Son's jeans in a box and before I gave away the box I cut out a pocket from a pair of his jeans to be sewn on the apron. Just a little personal touch:) The ties are ribbon tape measure ties.
She loved it!











Here she is modeling the pin-up guy apron.



















To be safe and so her new husband wouldn't get offended (lol) by her pin-up guy apron, I made the pin-up gal dish detergent apron so he has something to look at while doing dishes.
I raised those boys to help in the kitchen:).















We played games and the toilet paper wedding dress game was fun.
The girl second from the left won for the best "gown".
Another girl and I "designed" this dress so we were quite honored. I think the bow in the headpiece was the deciding factor:).
We put bows on the shoes, bustle on the backside and tied a knot with a piece of the toilet paper on her finger to signify she "tied the knot". It's all about details, folks. LOL
The Bride-to-be received a lot of beautiful and useful gifts and I think she is very happy.

Unfortunately on the way home I recieved a phone call from the Piccolo Pirate & her friends sobbing on the phone. mmmmm...........I wonder if the band director is aware that I have pointy sticks and I'm really not afraid to use them. (eyes-raising here)

5 comments:

SissySees said...

And you have friends with pointy sticks too! Hrmph.

LOVE the aprons, and the TP dresses. Glad you had a good time!

Bubblesknits said...

Oh good Lord...what did the dipwad BD do this time? Poor girls.

Can I just say how much I love those aprons? Fabulous!!! lol

Anita said...

The aprons are just awesome! You're so creative!! And of couse your tp dress design won, no surprise there! :)

Hope the DD is better. :(

Grace said...

ohhh is PicoloPirate okay?? Love your post, love the photo of you and your girls, and all the wedding shower fun!!

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

I love the apron yum!!! Hugs Darcy