Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A Wee Birthday

We had a very important event to attend over the weekend, our granddaughter's 1st birthday. The year has flown and we can't believe how much she has grown. I am cautious to show her beautiful smiling face on this public domain but trust me, she's a beauty.

Layers of tulle were measured, cut and made into a tutu for her big day. You can't see it but the onesie has the #1 and her name embrodiered on the front. I made a pair of bloomers and there are bows on the legs and a cupcake embrodiered on the backside. A matching bow completed the ensemble.

I don't think I've ever seen our son and DIL so happy as they were on her birthday. We had a good visit with them and we're looking forward to another visit soon.


I skipped the trip to Costco for birthday supplies and chose to baby-sit instead. Much more fun, you know.
Little MC crawled to the kitchen and this is where I found her.
Since I'm a grandmother I opted for the camera to get some really good shots. Hey! That's what grandmothers are for, camera shots.....LOL
She is a very happy baby and an absolute delight. We love her to pieces.
On another note, Chan's blog has quite a few posts about the Nook. The college DD has been looking to purchase one and now I think I need one. I believe I would read more since getting to the library is a task. Her blog posts have successfully convinced me to plunk pennies into the piggy bank. She's such an enabler but ssshhhh.....don't tell her :).

5 comments:

Laura Neal said...

When are you going to share directions on how to make that gorgeous little tutu? I would love one for myself! :)

SissySees said...

Okay, Sissy is going to covet that tutu... that's fabulous! What a VERY special gift.

gMarie said...

She's stinkin' adorable. And truthfully - I think the artful shots that don't show the face are way more fun. g

Bubblesknits said...

Oh my goodness...she's precious! I love the tutu.

Anita said...

Love the tutu! :) Adorable!
I'm thinking of a Nook for myself too...