Monday, June 21, 2010

Is it a plane? A bird?


Lacking finished knitting/spinning projects to post I'm taking a trip down memory lane.

I don't know if any of you remember the DD took a trip to AZ with Earthwatch last year or not. But she and I were reflecting about it over the weekend and remembered I didn't post the Themis photo.
She was one of 6 students to work the Themis camera on Mars. They captured a picture that was not previously taken. It was immediately sent to NASA and has recently posted on their Themis site.


This is the picture.
Quite fascinating (although I have no clue about it). She has prattled for days about the discovery. If you go to the picture site, you will note the description recognizes the MSIP: Earthwatch SCAP 2009 for capturing the photo.
It's hard to imagine it's only been a year since she took off on her first plane flight and her first time away from home. As I told her, "you've come a long way, baby."

I promise I'll have a more interesting knitting/spinning post soon ;).

2 comments:

SissySees said...

I'm going to either have to go buy the Elves 'n Gnomes yarn or stop visiting your blog until it disappears. I mean, I did read your post, and I remember DD's trip, but that yarn is insanely distracting...

Bubblesknits said...

DD should be very proud of herself. :)