Monday, August 18, 2008

Mish-Mash Monday

This post is a mish-mash of the week.

It's been a busy week/weekend. Just to catch up I'll start with last Sunday. The hubby and the daughters went to Baltimore for an O's game.
They had a good time after they climbed the zillion (according to the eldest daughter and hubby) stairs only to see the escalator when they arrived at the top. The girls grumbled because there was a promotion for people over 50 yrs to receive a hand held fan. Dear old dad walked away with a fan. He thinks the promotion helped people over 50 yrs from suffering a heart attack climbing to their seats at the top of the stadium.


On the knitting homefront, I'm knitting mitts. I designed this pattern to make a pair from one skein of Noro Silk Garden. The weather prediction is for a cold winter so I figure I'm going to need these. Only took a few hours to knit........my kinda' knittin'.
These are my Warm Wooly Mitts.




My first pair of Dashing mitts from Lion Brand Wool Ease stash. I made these for a Christmas gift. I did eliminate the third cable as they were going to be too long for the recipient. The pattern was fun and interesting. I will be making another pair. I couldn't get the youngest daughter to pose with them so they look a bit uninteresting in the picture.





The Piccolo Pirate had band practice last week and it ended with a family picnic on Friday. She enjoyed every minute of it. I have no idea what I'm going to do next year when she is in college. I am definitely having the empty nest syndrome already and I have a year to go.
We are mother/daughter but we're also good friends. This is the kid who has been here through all of the medical stuff. It has been hard on her as she was the one left to "hold the bag." I am giving her wings to fly and I know she is there for us just as we are there for her. I am cherishing every moment this year.




Now who could've done that one?









I firmly believe, this is the shoe eating culprit. He refused to give a good mug shot.