Saturday, March 29, 2008

Wollmice er Wollmiese


While waiting for Mr. Smart Mouse to be trapped, I have been busy.

These are my Hartshorn socks. Made from Opal handpaint that a friend from overseas sent to me. Cabling without a cable needle is the best thing since sliced bread.

The Knitting daughter made the pattern marker bead for me for Easter. I love this row counter. Easy to use and very thoughtful of her to make this for me.



Mr. Smart Mouse better stay away from this skein of Wollmeise. It is not Wollmice!
I have been unsuccessfully trying to get a skein of Wollmeise. My friend, Sara, came through for me and kindly shared an extra skein from her Wollmeise Stash. It is Spice Market and I love it. Thank you, Sara.

I am (in)patiently waiting for Cookie A to put her new sock patterns online for this skein.





I composed a letter to Ms. Cookie A.

Dear Ms. Cookie A,
I am writing in sheer desperation. You posted on your blog that your new sock patterns would be posted online at the end of March.

It is very near the end of March. While you may be frantically trying to get the patterns online, I implore that you deprive yourself of sleep and expedite this process. I have a skein of Wollmeise that a friend willingly shared with me and this yarn is screaming to be cast on.

I need one of your new patterns in order to start the socks from the coveted wollmeise. I realize I have notebooks full of sock patterns from wonderful sock designers but I cannot visualize Wollmeise in one of the old patterns. Yes, I know I have recently downloaded patterns but I cannot possibly use one of those patterns for wollmeise.
I have placed an order for more sock needles. Forget the fact that I own many sets of dpns. They are in use. I cannot possibly work on socks in progress knowing wollmeise is sitting here waiting to be cast on.
Please, I am begging that you put your patterns on immediately. My needles are very greedy………
Yours truly, A Sock Yarn/Knitting Addict

p.s. I am giving Ms. Cookie A until April 1st to put the patterns online then I will have no choice but to send the begging letter :)

Check out chanknits page for a contest to celebrate her blogiversary.

7 comments:

PurlingPirate said...

Oooh lucky you!!! I have yet to get my greedy grubby hands on wollmiese!!!

Bubblesknits said...

Okay, tell me you really sent that to Cookie A.. That would be freakin' hilarious and I'm sure it would give her a good chuckle too. LOL

As for the little Beady Eyed Hellbeast, maybe you should glue a piece of cheese or cracker to the trigger, that way he has to give it a good tug. ;-p

JFibers said...

You commented on my blog a while back and I'm sorry it's taken me so long to check out yours... You have some really great stuff at etsy. I'm just trying my hand at sewing (starting with an apron) and can only dream of making such great sock bags.

Sara said...

You know I also feel the NEED for Miss Cookie's new patterns. I think you should send the letter :)

KnittingMoose said...

Pretty sock! That's a lovely pattern.

And that Wollmeise is gorgeous! That's a kind of yarn that is on my list of yarn I want to obtain, someday. :)

Catherine said...

The Wollmeise yarn looks beautiful, I think it would be terribly rude to use an "older" pattern for it :-)

Anita said...

That letter is great! I think you should go ahead & send it to her! LOL

Good luck with the mouse trapping, I can't believe you still haven't gotten it! Maybe you have & the cats are setting it free before you find it! :O