Friday, January 05, 2007

KSTC=Knit Stash Control

I have a serious problem over here. KSTC meaning Knit Stash Control. The DH decided to count my stash containers in my separate off-limits room. HOW DARE HE! I must confess that he is unaware of closet stash, underbed stash and space bags.

Do I go to his area and count his nail stash? Each and every nail? Do I count his power tools and hand tools? Even though he owns several saw, hammers and screwdrivers? The answer? NO I DO NOT! But he decided that he HAD to do this. Okay. So he came up with a figure that was a bit daunting. Does it matter? NOPE! But I took a second look and humbly bowed my head (to myself) and decided I must knit from the stash. So I am off to knit afghans, sweaters, accessories and many many socks. I will be proud when I have knit all this. (Forget the fact that I will be years knitting this stuff.) I can only hope that I have the right color, the right weight, the right yardage for all of my knitting.

I have not purchased any yarn for 11 days. I deserve a pat on the back (or maybe a skein of yarn?) I am heading out of town today to see the DD that just moved out on her own. (Her room became another hidden stash area but the DH doesn't know that)I must admit that I printed a coupon for AC Moore and I plan to visit a LYS in that area (but only to look at patterns). I will be good, I will be good, I will be good...........

I'll let you know what I saw at these stores.

P.S. The DH is still alive after having the audacity to check out my stash room. He swore he would die in there from so much yarn. NO! But count my yarn containers again and well............never mind.

2 comments:

Diane said...

HOW DARE HE is correct! My hubby is in construction however really why do you need 3 of each tool if you are the only one using them? I never question that and he doesn't say a word about my hobby.

My youngest daughter however got it into her head to ask how much I spend on yarn a year. I figured $500-600. You should have seen her eyes bug out.

Hubby jumped right in and said "Well if you look at the amount of knitting your mom does then $600.00 is nothing. Hobbies are supose to cost you money."

Laura Neal said...

You can never have too much yarn! There I said it! tee hee hee.