Thursday, January 11, 2007

SYA sock yarn addiction...HELP!

I am trying to refrain from buying sock yarn. I have surfed the net and I can almost feel the yarn running through my fingers like liquid gold. I looked on BMF's sock that rock and lo and behold they're having quite a problem with their bank. Seems they don't believe there could be that many knitters signing up for their STR Club. Gimmee' a break, executives! We knitters are a force to be reckoned with.
However, I will take the inconvenience of placing an order by phone as an omen for me that I cannot succumb to the sock yarn addiction that I suffer. I will get through this..........for now. But just how long can this last? I am crumbling over here.............................HELP!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Laura Neal said...

I too am feeling the urge to shop for sock yarns. Could it be all of the socks I have been knitting up have me in such a tizzy? We will be strong together.
I took a trip to the bookstore and found a book on cabling, I had to put it back because the thing cost, $32.95 and that was the cheap one. I picked up a second one and sure enough, it was $35. What are these people thinking? We knitters aren't made of money. If it were sock yarn, sure, I would pay the price but, regular yarn, forget it!