Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I Boldly Stand to yarn temptation

Okay.........you know who you are........those people out there who tempt me with yarn. Beautiful yarn, drop dead gorgeous yarn, vivid colored yarn, soft yarn, sock yarn (my biggest downfall) and good yarn at a good price ...........you know I can't resist good yarn at a good price. But I must!

I WILL resist internet sales. I WILL resist any emails concerning yarn and if one friend offers a trip to a LYS, I WILL decline (unless of course it would hurt the friend's feelings then I have no choice than to go).

I WILL use my stash for my projects and empty containers (You know? the ones my DH counted that I reported on a former post)

I boldly stand before you with needles in hand and totes of UFOs ready for a yarn war. I WILL NOT SUCCUMB to yarn temptation! I WILL DEFEAT THIS! The chant must begin...I will not buy yarn, I will not buy yarn...........

P.S. I will follow all of the above rules just as soon as I check my mail to see if a certain friend (and she knows who I'm talkin' about) has sent me another yarn sale.
P.S.S. The credit card is hidden.........(in my pocket)

2 comments:

Diane said...

Someone has to stand up and just say no to yarn. Since I just finished purchasing $98.35 on sock yarn last night I guess it's not me. lol.

Laura Neal said...

Hee hee! I know who I am. I have to say, I have been good. I just found yarn tonight I don't even remember buying. What does that tell you? I am a serious yarn junkie over here. I can tempt other people to buy it, I just can't buy it right now. I think as I clean, I will find more yarn. Pretty soon, I am going to be like my grandfather and just start hiding it among the sofa cushions, he used to hide his whiskey bottles everywhere. My grandmother was a staunch baptist so, she highly objected to his drinking. I know why he drank, he had to live with her. I guess it was a catch 22.
Anyway, my yarn habit is going to be under control, soon. I will try to keep repeating this as much as possible. Maybe one day it will actually work.