Monday, January 08, 2007

Shawls, socks and bears...oh my!

These are WIP. A shawl that I put aside for myself. Gifts for Christmas took precedence over my shawl. I plan to have it knitted by the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival in May.


Socks for ..you guessed it! ME of course. I bought this yarn the same time I purchased the above shawl yarn at the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival 2006. I'm feeling a little guilty about not having this yarn knitted already. Not sure why..as I have a LOT of yarn from previous Maryland festivals that is aging nicely. Like a fine wine, yarn ages well. (Unless of course stupid moths get into it).

Last but not least a tiny little teddy bear. I don't normally crochet but these little creatures are just too cute. Besides, they are very tolerant of my knitting, they don't sass back and they are grateful for handknitted garments. This little bear is patiently waiting to be finished. I'll keep you posted on my progress.
Footnote: There are MANY more WIP but I thought I would only show a few. I'd be blogging all night if I showed all of them and I need to knit instead.......





3 comments:

Laura Neal said...

Very nice socks, I love the colors. That little buddy looks so naked. He needs clothes for sure up there, he could run around naked down here. Just make him some tennis shoes and he would fit right on in with my gremlin. hee hee.

Diane said...

Uuuummmmmm Yarn.

KnittingMoose said...

Hi! You left me a comment on the STR blog the other day, so I stopped by here to say hi. I noticed the bear you're making...is that Rags the Teddy Bear? I made him too, and thought your bear pieces looked familiar! Here's a picture of my finished bear.

Take care!
Carrie