Friday, October 13, 2006

Son! Friday the 13th

Remember in the earlier post Like Father Like Son? The DIL called and is so disgusted because it seems she and her husband (aka my son) were having a "heated discussion" over renovating this home! Imagine that! I tried not to laugh. I gave them 6 months before this started.............LOL it's only been 3 weeks! She said "at this rate we will be years". I gently reminded her that I have been waiting 5 months for my bathroom and it still isn't finished. As the story goes my DIL has been tearing down old wallpaper, cleaning, packing, moving and holding down a full time nursing job while her husband (aka my son, and I use that terminology loosely) has been working, "talking to construction people", running to lumberyards (just like his father) and doing a whole lot of nuttin'. YEP! Welcome to the real world of happy home ownership and marriage! My DIL has decided she might open up her own construction company just as soon as she figures out all the tools and what they do. ( I gave her some pointers after all that's what I've done all these years.)

On a lighter note her husband (aka my son) has a birthday today. I usually call each child at the time they were born. But I decided to call this one at 6:13 am the precise time I had the very first labor contraction. I informed him (after I sang Happy Birthday) that I was calling at the time I had my first pain, one of many that he has managed to impose on my life since his birth. He laughed! Believe me there's a reason why there's 6 yrs between he and his brother................. I have put the "mother's curse"on him: I hope he has not one child but a set of twins "just like him". mmmm........do you think that's why they've decided not to have children for awhile?:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL. I knew it was coming. I can't wait to hear more. I have a bathroom that is still waiting to get finished and it has been 2 years. Hmm, do you see a pattern?
I knew they would start fighting over that house. She needs to just do it herself because if we wait for me to do it, we will be waiting forever!
Laura

Anonymous said...

That should be if we wait for men to do it, we will be waiting forever. Forgive me, I am tired.