Thursday, October 12, 2006

CRASH! I'm cryin' here

Okay, if it isn't enough I had to run to the big city to stupid dr appointments for the last two days I got on the computer last nite and the dumb thing CRASHED! I have a beautiful black screen with lovely white writing at the bottom telling me Win-something or other is something something repair....press f8 to try to repair. I did. NOTHING! So now I must not only share the bathroom sink with the daughters , now I must share their computer. Let me tell ya, if you thought sharing a bathroom with them was bad, sharing the computer is WORSE! They hang over my shoulder asking, are you done yet? how much longer will you be? my friends are on MSN waiting.........ok...........what's wrong with the phone? When I was a teen, we used a contraption that was installed in the wall and when you dialed (not meaning to date my age but it was a rotary dial) you actually heard and talked with another human voice. We had a shared line and could talk with several people at once. Not necessarily good as we had an older (older being she just had to be 50 or so..........come to think of it, that's not old) nosey neighbor who listened to our phone calls. Now these kids text message whether it's thru the cell phone or computer. This sharing computer thing is NOT good! We checked into another windows system and it's going to cost as much as a new computer. Where is recycling in all this?
Anyway this morning as we're getting ready for another 2 hour drive to the dr's office I picked up the phone to make a phone call. NO SERVICE! Our tv, internet and phone are all 1 service. For some unknown reason the phone won't work on a crashed computer. GREAT! I'm cryin' over here.....................

1 comment:

Diane said...

Passing a tissue so you can dab your eyes. Sorry to hear about your computer problems.

When my daughters were younger I had a running joke that I could be laying on the floor in the kitchen and they wouldn't notice .... unless I was holding the phone in my hand ..... then they would stop long enough to say "Ma, when you are going to be finished with the phone."