Monday, February 08, 2010

Round #2

The college DD is in her glory on campus. No school!
These are pics of the Monster Storm, Feb 5-6, 2010.
No complaints from this house during winter.
We love it.















The kids wanted to sled ride but of course they have no sleds so they became quite resourceful. Wasn't that the purpose of the required high school tech class? Some students "borrowed" food trays from the cafeteria until the officials discovered they were running out of trays.
DD unloaded her sweater under-the-bed container and found it to be a great sled. I'm so glad we have provided this kid with the perfect sled for college.....lol




We're finally dug out and waiting for storm round #2 tomorrow. We're anticipating a foot of snow. Not too sure where we're going to put it. Running out of room up here.








Hubby shoveling around his work car. Yep. That's a car underneath all that snow.
(ahem)





Firewood is stacked and ready. Hubby has made the second run for milk, eggs and puppy treats.
I'm ready to sit and knit tomorrow.
I am also armed with snowballs to throw at the first snowplow that plows the driveway closed.
Let is Snow!!!!



6 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

ROTFL I take it that hubby dearest got a shovel-full in the snoot? heehee

Love the resourceful DD. We used the bottoms of old laundry baskets. Snipped the webbed top part off and the bottom part was just right for sledding. ;-)

And did you pick up any kitty treats while you were out? Poor kitties. I guess they'll just have to steal some yarn.

Lapdog Creations said...

I'm ROTFL about the tray-sleds! Great thinking!

Pretty pics... hang in there with this next storm!

Tia said...

OMG yiu guys certainly are having a lot of snow !!!!! Tonight its frosty here in Ireland...so cardis and hot-water bottles are going to bed with us !

SissySees said...

I'm trying to remember what we used as sleds in college... I'm thinking trays, but maybe a laundry basket made an appearance?

Anita said...

He he, very resourceful of the DD! Looks like a lot of fun! I'm so missing all the snow this year. Pout...

Did you & the hubby get into a snow fight? LOL I'm guessing you won! :)

Laura Neal said...

Wow! Amazing pics. It is just freezing down here. I slept in my thermal jammies, socks and under a silk sheet. I was toasty warm. :)
How is that sock pattern coming along? Pics?