Monday, December 14, 2009

12 Knitting Days of Christmas

I am not a writer or a poet but I had fun writing this little ditty. Please sing the following to the tune of 12 Days Of Christmas. Enjoy!

The 12 Days of Knitting

On the first day of knitting I gathered all my yarn, grabbed knitting needles and I very quickly cast on.

On the second of knitting I gathered all my yarn, Two warm afghans and One lacey shawl

On the third day of knitting I gathered all my yarn, 3 wool hats, two warm afghans and One lacey shawl

On the fourth day of knitting I gathered all my yarn, 4 soft sweaters, 3 wool hats, two warm afghans and One lacey shawl.

On the fifth day of knitting I gathered all my yarn , a bot-tle of wine, 4 soft sweaters, 3 wool hats, two warm afghans and One lacey shawl

On the 6th day of knitting I gathered all my yarn, 6 pair of gloves, a bot-tle of wine, 4 soft sweaters, 3 wool hats, two warm afghans and One lacey shawl

On the 7th day of knitting I gathered all my yarn, 7 fair isle mitts, 6 pair of gloves, a bot-tle of wine, 4 soft sweaters, 3 wool hats, two blankets and One lacey shawl

On the 8th day of knitting I gathered all my yarn, 8 fuzzy scarves, 7 fair isle mitts, 6 pair of gloves, a bot-tle of wine, 4 soft sweaters, 3 wool hats, two warm afghans and one lacey shawl

On the 9th day of knitting I gathered all my yarn, 9 little snowmen, 8 fuzzy scarves, 7 fair ilse mitts, 6 pairs of gloves , a bot-tle of wine, 4 soft sweaters, 3 wool hats, 2 warm afghans and one lacey shawl

On the 10th (hiccup) day of knitting I gathered all my yarn, 10 knitted toys, 9 little snowmen, 8 fuzzy scarves, 7 fair isle mitts, 6 pairs of gloves, a bot-tle of wine, 4 soft sweaters, 3 wool hats, 2 warm afghans and one lacey shawl

ON the 11th day (hiccup) of knitting I gathered all my yarn, 11 cotton cloths (hiccup), 10 knitted toys, 9 little snowmen, 8 fuzzy scarves, 7 fair isle mitts, 6 pair of gloves, a bot-tle (hiccup) of wine, 4 soft sweaters, 3 wool hats, 2 afghans and one lacey shawl.

On the 12th day (hiccup) of knitting the dog ate my yarn (hiccup), the pattern is lost, I don’t care, it’s too late in the year, needles disappeared, snowmen have melted (hiccup) frogged the fuzzy scarves, scrapped those mitts, unfinished gloves, a bot-tle of wine (hiccup), sweaters with no sleeves, huge wool hats, raveled afghans (hiccup) and forget that lace shawl!

P.S. And this explains why my Christmas gift knitting is not finished.........LOL

15 comments:

Tia said...

LOL :0) I love it !

SissySees said...

SNOL!!! At least you can laugh at yourself. Clearly, you're a happy tippler... ;)

Anita said...

ROFLMAO!!!!!
He he, too funny! Glad you at least have your sense of humor. :)

Gary said...

hee hee. Can I use that excuse, too? I broke down and bought gifts this year, everyone is going to realize that I don't have a million bucks but, Christmas is for giving...not receiving!

gMarie said...

I love how you threw poor Mr. B into the song there on the last day! -- g

Grace said...

too funny!!!

Lapdog Creations said...

OMG - I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it... I want to steal it, ha ha ha

Bubblesknits said...

ROTFLMAO!!!!

Unknown said...

Hi, my name is Denise Pinnegar and I own a FB page called Stitch n' Bitch Ireland: http://www.facebook.com/StitchinNB

Its a page where we share and revel in all things Stitch Craft. I recently stumbled across your xmas ditty and I love it.

I was wondering if I could post your ditty on my page for xmas. I will of course mention your blog and give you full credit for the post.

Hoping you will agree,

Yours sincerely, Denise!

Unknown said...

Hi, my name is Denise Pinnegar and I own a FB page called Stitch n' Bitch Ireland: http://www.facebook.com/StitchinNB

Its a page where we share and revel in all things Stitch Craft. I recently stumbled across your brilliant ditty for the twelve days of xmas. It really made me giggle.

I was wondering if I could post your ditty on my Sn'B page for xmas. I will of course mention your blag and give you full credit for the post.

Hoping you'll agree,

Yours sincerely, Denise.

gypsyknits said...

Denise,
Thank you for your compliment and desire to post on your group.
You are more than welcome to post my little ditty ;)
I appreciate your including credit to me. Thanks once again,
knitting hugs,
Gypsyknits/Kathy M

Unknown said...

Many thanks Kathy!

gypsyknits said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gypsyknits said...

I just liked your fb page :D. Love it!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Kathy, I think you may have just found it! Welcome to the page! Denise