Friday, July 24, 2009

On and on......

Life has been challenging but it is what it is.

Took the DD to her orientation at college. She seems to be adjusting well with the exception of the teensy, weensy room. Little rant here, considering her tuition is out of this world, wouldn't ya think the rooms would be a bit larger? She waved good-bye with a smile on her face and otherwise all is well. Not sure if we're both putting on a good front or we really are adjusting to the upcoming transition but I think parents know when "it's time." I believe her 2 week stay in AZ was a wonderful and mature experience. Hey Jessi and Chan, I'll post more pics of her trip just as soon as soon as she uploads them to her mother:).


Alita is moving along. S-l-o-w-l-y. I'm on Row 115. There are a zillion stitches. Okay. Not quite a zillion but you know what I mean. I try to put on a few rows everyday and I'm on the downward stretch. I like the pattern so that helps.









I decided I needed to start more projects. Gets difficult when all of my needles are in use on UFO's......lol

I started the Forest Canopy shawl from Poems Sock yarn. I'm not sure how this yarn would wear if I actually made socks from it. It is a single ply thick and thin yarn and it just doesn't appear to be durable enough for sock wear. But I do think it will make a gorgeous shawl.






I dug around in the stash and found this skein beggging to be cast on. Forget the fact, this will be the 4th pair of green socks on the needles.
Now what which UFO do I hibernate so I can cast on these babies.....lol

As my non-blogging friend Sara says, "knit like the wind." I'm going to do just that:).

8 comments:

Sara said...

Hey! That's me! :)

SissySees said...

Tell me about the Poems sock yarn, please? I've fondled it several times, but keep shoving it back on the shelves.

I've given up on finding the items I wanted for DD's grad gift meets an empty nest gift for you, so I'll be ordering something simliar soon and just sending it your way. I want it there before DD leaves for college "for real."

Grace said...

I put Alita down several times when the rows got that big and then I just said you what I only have 14 more rows lets get it done. I will make another one day

To quote Sara Knit Like The Wind

To quote Me Knit On

PS I heard theu the grapevine my son is selling his house They have been there 1 1/2 years don't know where he is going!

Unknown said...

I recently bought that Poems sock in the exact same color way. I like it - but it feels a bit like noro. I'll be interested to see how the shawl turns out, might be the perfect answer.

Also - for the hibernating projects - that's what lifelines are for. To get your needles back. Hope you snap out of it soon. I'm trying. Monday sees the beginning of the "real" diet and exercise plan. Last night I only ate half my dinner, left bread on the table and skipped the lemon dessert :) g

Bubblesknits said...

I hate you're in a funk. See, if I lived closer, I'd come over and do my goofy song and dance routine to "Don't Worry, Be Happy". ;-)

You already run out of sock needles again? Lordy woman! lol Love the color of that yarn on the bottom, though.

Anita said...

I'm glad everyone is getting used to the idea of college & that she is settling in good. :) Prolly one of the reasons (of many) for your funk.

And when are we going to Chan's?

smilely said...

I forgot you had visitation. Hope to see you tomorrow. Clear some needled the WM is coming your way.

Laura Neal said...

I can understand that need to cast on and knit something different. I am in the same boat. Not to mention, in an obsessive mood over cricut cartridges...ebay is loving me at this point in time! If the DH finds out how much I have spent, I am dead!
I cast on for a scarf in a beautiful merino/silk lace weight, one of my own. Addicting! Wooee!
Hope you get out of your funk...things will get better.