Friday, August 17, 2007

Morning Dance

I had a wonderful morning......for 3 hours. Vet girl called and said there was a cancellation and I could have the dogs groomed this morning. Even Bettis. Goody, goody she packed those dogs up and off they went.
Although getting 105 lb, almost 9 month old Bettis in the car is not an easy task. It took knitting DD and Vet girl eight minutes to get that oaf in the car. It took 3 people and 5 minutes to get him into the groomer. I called his owner aka DH and informed him that he must take his "pony" for a walk everyday to get him accustomed to a leash. He had a bath , was brushed and I bought him a harness. Now he is resting. I'm lovin' it.


I had a wonderful 3 hours all to myself. No dogs, no kids. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids and I like my dogs.............unless Mr. Bettis destroys something of mine but 3 hours all to myself? I was singing a happy song here.
I Knitted. And I made fresh salsa from our homegrown tomatoes, herbs and cantelope.
Delish!


Fresh Sweet Salsa
8 tomatoes cored and de-seeded
1 carrot
1/2 onion
1/4 cantelope
fresh cilantro
fresh mint
1/2 cup olive oil
4-5 tablespoons of lemon or lime juice
sea salt

Chop tomatoes in hunks. Peel and cut up carrot, onion and canteloupe in chunks. Snip cilantro and mint leaves. Put in food processor and coarsely chop. Put in bowl and stir in olive oil and lemon or lime juice and a pinch of sea salt. Let set 30 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips. Keep in refrigerator.

P.S. I wonder if I can get Mr. Bettis groomed every week?

2 comments:

Diane said...

Take his pony for a walk. Too funny.

Laura Neal said...

I think his pony might walk him!