Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Somebunny fun

Some bunny fun kidnapped my needles. I had every intention to only make one but you know how bunnies multiply ;) Before I knew it, they were everywhere. The pattern is Happy pets . The knitting is easy. A bit fiddly to put together but worth the result. They will be sent to their new owners in time to see the Easter Bunny.

 Our 1 yr old grandson was baptized last Sunday and our daughter-in-law gave me the honor of making his outfit. The one piece knicker outfit and newsboy cap were sew from a poly blend fabric. The handknit sweater was from an old go-to pattern of mine. Yarn was Berroco Comfort dk. It is a bit splitty but it's perfect for kids. Washable, durable and oh-so-soft.
I'm not a fan of spring but I must say, it's been a long winter here. We haven't had the Robin's snow yet so spring is not here (in spite of today being the first day of spring according to the calendar). I look forward to capris and flip-flops. What does everyone else look forward to in the spring?
I must knit on.....

3 comments:

SissySees said...

Gosh I was all set to type that those bunnies are the cutest things... but that outfit is very dapper too. How very special!!

Ellen said...

I had to have this pattern too after I read your blog!!! Hope mine turn out as cute....

gMarie said...

Darling outfit. I'm sure that sweet boy was perfectly behaving and stunning for his ceremony. Love, love those bunnies.

Looking forward to for Spring? More adventures and outings. g