Friday, September 02, 2011

Empty Nest...Part I

It's that time of the year. This is Part I of a two part post.
In July we found these babies in the bush by our swimming pool.











Within 2 days they were ready to fly from the nest. I almost accidently brushed this one from the branch. Had no idea he was sitting within a foot of my face when I walked past.











Mom and dad were nearby chirping and encouraging them to fly. Chem girl and I laid on the bed inside and watched from the window. Two of them flew within an hour but the last one took a long time taking flight.
It was quite fascinating to watch the process of birth, nurturing and success of this little family as mom and dad Cardinal emptied their nest.
Now for Part II of the Empty Nest.






1 comment:

Anita said...

That's so sweet! I love watching the baby birds fly for the first time. :)