Sunday, January 06, 2008

The Second Curse

I am so ready to "chuck" 2008! I was downstairs dyeing yarn in my "new" dyeing area when I heard "drip, drip, drip." I went around the corner in the laundry area and looked. My feet squished on the piece of carpeting in front of the washer. I looked again, thinking the 2 yr old washer was leaking. Just my luck. But it wasn't the washer.



I turned and looked at the wall..............water was running down the wall! I yelled for the "one armed husband." Not sure why, instinct I guess. I mean really, what was he going to do with one arm? He came as fast as he could. I noticed a bubble in the dry wall above my dyeing area. (alright, this is where I did something stupid........again) I pushed ever so lightly on the bubble. It burst and water went everywhere bringing the ceiling with it. I screamed and Ed just stood there. Seems a pipe from the second bathroom sink was leaking. The "one armed husband" grabbed my dye pots to catch some of the water. I grabbed a tarp to throw over everything and we just stood there staring at the mess. We tried to fix the pipe but have you ever tried to fix something with the DH standing over you totally helpless trying to tell you how to fix "the" something? This scenerio doesn't work well when he's not helpless, let alone when he is.

So I called my dad. He has picked up the necessary part and tomorrow it will be fixed. The pipe will be fixed. I won't hold my breath on the ceiling. I know how this goes. Hey Diane, did you send this my way? Considering the "table saw massacre" and my DH's procrastination on repairing construction in our house, I figure the ceiling will be finished in 2 yrs......maybe. Keep in mind he was in construction for 20 yrs and everyone else's house was beautifully finished. Mine on the other hand? Well, I won't go there out of respect for his accident.

Alright enough is enough, this is the second thing to happen. Since everything comes in 3's I am steadying myself for what will come next. In the meantime, I knit.



We did get the Christmas tree down finally. But before we did there was this fluff ball sleeping soundly. I really think she was pretending she was outside under a nice evergreen far, far away from Mr. Bettis.




P.S. New song? I have now added "Bridge Over Troubled Water".

6 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

Maybe now is a good time to go buy some yarn? Call it the "Ceiling Fund"? LOL

BTW, still snickering at the "one armed husband" comment. ;-)

KnittingMoose said...

Oh no!!! What horrid luck! And, um, you're wanting to "chuck 2008" already? heh...we're only in January!! lol.

awwwww...is that a fluffy white cat under your tree? *sigh* I miss my fluffy white cat...he's no longer with us, but I will always have a soft spot in my heart for fluffy white cats. :)

monica said...

You and Diane both with the leaking bathroom pipes. I hope it stays away from me. My DH does not do pipes, or constrution ...not even with 2 good arms and hands. I didn't think he would ever get the new kitchen faucet in last week.

I hope the year soon begins to get better for you.

That is one cute fluff ball under that tree.

Laura Neal said...

I just have to say, keep that bad luck up there! Hope it gets better soon and number 3 in the bad luck race is something small. Your kitty is sweet. Does she climb trees, too?

Diane said...

Tablesaw wars .... leaky pipes .... husbands actually thinking we can help when then are laid up .... I'd say we seem to be living the same life just at different times. Seriously if I knew how to fix stuff why would I have gotten married?!?!?

At least the damaged ceiling isn't in the main part of the house where you'd be looking at it every day. Fingers crossed that your 3rd trouble is something minor.

Anita said...

What a sweet photo of the kitty!

I know what you mean about the house... my hubby is in construction, our kitchen has been in the middle of a "remodel" for 2.5 years now!! We should be used to this by now right? :P