Friday, January 11, 2008

A Knitter's Gift!

Ravelry knitters are the greatest. Bloggers are wonderful. Look what arrived today!
A red and white Loopy Ewe sock bag and a beautiful skein of yarn. When this arrived I thought it was sent to the wrong person. I am on a yarn diet until Ed returns to work. So I knew I had not ordered anything. I opened it to look for an invoice. No invoice. I opened the bag and there was a note from the Loopy Elves saying "This is from Sara." I took a deep breath and carefully peeled back the tissue paper and there was a beautiful cashmere/merino blend of yarn in my favorite colors. Pink and yellow. I was smitten. I held back the tears and shrieked with joy. I have wound the skein and I am starting a pair of socks. (imagine that) The red and white bag is perfect to tote (no pun intended) to the DD's school functions. School colors are red and white. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Sara, for the gift.

I handed the "one armed husband" a puzzle. He needs something to do at this point in recovery. He can prop the "hand" and work on this. Unfortunately it only took him a few hours to work this puzzle. He is very good at putting them together. Since this one was only 950 pieces and it took him a total of 2 1/2 hours to work it, I have found a 1500 piece puzzle. That should keep him out of my hair for awhile.
I find it interesting that he is growling over the dogs aka Mr. Bettis wanting in, out, in, out, in........welcome to my world, buddy!


I started the "my so called scarf". I'm liking this pattern. It is out of the Manos del Uruaguay worsted hand dyed yarn. It is a dense pattern and it will keep me warm if I ever get it finished.







These are "Self's Froggin' Gloves." Out of Frog Tree Alpaca sportweight and the pattern is from Interweave's Handy Book Of Patterns. I love that book. Size 3 needles. They are soft and warm. Self will need them next week. I'd better get moving on these.


P.S. Remember the resolution that I would get 2008's Christmas gifts finished early? "Self" became demanding and I am already behind schedule on the gifts. But Self must keep sanity while "man/toddler sitting."

6 comments:

KnittingMoose said...

Oh, what fun to get a surprise gift like that! Very nice!

Hey, your scarf looks exactly like one I had started, same colors even. I'll admit, I ended up frogging it and making hat and mittens instead (seen here: http://www.geocities.com/fuzzypamuk/knitting/noellemittenshat.html ). Same color you think? Let me know how yours comes out, mine was rolling a lot and too tight...I probably could have/should have gone up a needle size or two. I like the pattern though, so pretty!

Sara said...

The more I look at your scarf, the more I know I gotta make one out of Manos for myself. I really liked the one I did for my niece but the manos really gives it something extra. Love those colors!!

monica said...

What a great surprise and a wonderful pick me up with all that has been going on in the new year.

My youngest and I like to do teh puzzles on the http://www.jigzone.com/ site. It can keep her entertained for quite some time.

I may have to make that scarf, my sister knit it and hers was lovely. I have some Schaefer Miss Priss that hasn't decided what it wants to be..... maybe that.

Bubblesknits said...

What a wonderful surprise!

BTW, your yarn made it here safe and sound. Gorgeous colors!

Laura Neal said...

That is really cool that you received that gift. It makes you feel better, doesn't it? Hope it all gets better soon.

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Well, you totally deserve such a nice present! I just finished 'My So Called Scarf and really, really love it. It was fun to work on and I've gotten ton o' complements about it!