Saturday, October 29, 2011

Trick or Treat

A few believe the nor'easter was a trick and there are those of us who believe it's a treat. This is what we awoke to this morning. I'm not certain whether to light the pumpkin or Christmas lights. The roads were a slushy mess but that didn't stop the DH and I from making a trip to town. He had to work for an hour and I rode along. Forgot to take the camera but I must say the colored leaves with the snow laying on them looked like Christmas. It was beautiful.This is a yellow maple in our front yard.


We spent the rest of our day cleaning out (DH doing the grunt work) . Whew!Trick or treating is cancelled for the night so we're popping in a Christmas movie. My needles are clicking, there's a few gifts to be finished. There will be finished project pics to come later.

3 comments:

SissySees said...

Pretty! We just got a very cold rain with some sleet. I got a lot of knitting done too!

gMarie said...

there is nothing I enjoy more than the first snowfall. Of course - living in Seattle, I don't get to experience it very often. Looks beautiful. Enjoy knitting to Christmas! g

Bubblesknits said...

I just can't imagine snow on Halloween. That's definitely a trick, not a treat. lol