Friday, June 17, 2011

The Queen of Hearts

In spite of everything you have not seen on this blog I have actually been busy.
Another baby set. This time the timeline was a few months so I took my time and enjoyed the knit.
I'm calling this set, The Queen of Hearts.









It's made from Berrocco Comfort Worsted. This is my baby go-to yarn. It does have a tendency to split if one is not careful but I like the finished product, it's soft and comfy.











A Tomato (or is it an Apple) hat for another little gift. This is Caron Simply Soft. The pattern is quick and made in a few hours. Perfect gift for a quick deadline.










Last but not least our eldest daughter will be getting married. She saw this shawl and decided she wanted one for her honeymoon. Say what??? When I suggested a shawl a few months ago to go with her gown she scoffed it. She saw this and made an immediate request. Again, say what??? Chan was quick to point out that mom can't possibly be as trendy as the Duchess.
So Chan and I are going to begin a rather loose based KAL to knit this shawl. The pattern we want won't be out until the last week of June. I have a deadline which is the DD's bridal shower the end of July. Here's hoping for cool weather and fast knitting ;).

4 comments:

SissySees said...

LOVE Queen of Hearts!! I need to focus on a yarn for our KAL. I have this notion that mine should be done in Royal Purple. Wonder why?!

gMarie said...

That is an adorable baby set. So - which shawl are you knitting to knock it off? And which daughter is getting married? I think you just have the 2.....

g

Bubblesknits said...

That's a precious baby set! That shawl is definitely pretty. I just love it when celebrities bring something back into style. :)

Lapdog Creations said...

That baby set is adorable!
Is the shawl pattern "the" pattern for the royal shawl? It is a beauty...