Thursday, July 15, 2010

Victor/Victoria

The e-spinner and I have become best friends. It's a she and her name is Victoria Vespera. She was named Victoria because my wonderful friends helped to overcome my disability in order to enjoy something I love, so victory it is.
Victoria and I spun some BFL roving I had laying around. A navajo plied worsted weight with a generous 250 yds. I still have a bit of the roving and will spin it to match.




My apologies to ravelry stalkers for the following post.
I carded some corriedale fleece with a small batch of alpaca and spun it on my Kundert spindle.











When finished I had approximately 500+ yards of a singles.
It grew up to be a Swallowtail shawl. Since there was so much yardage I added a few more repeats to the main part of the pattern as well as the edging.








It is unbelievably soft and I love it. I must admit (rather sheepishly, no pun intended)that I am so proud of this project I could bust at the seams.
It is drapped over an antique quilt rack in the bedroom and I gently touch it every time I pass the rack. From start to finish I think this project is my most accomplished project since I started knitting way back when at the ripe age of 9 yrs. Trust me, it's been a long time.

What do you think is your most accomplished project?

5 comments:

SissySees said...

Stunning - all of it! I love the story behind Victoria's name.

My most accomplished project? Oh, I don't know that any of my projects are particularly impressive... I like many well enough, but nothing stands out at the moment.

Catherine said...

Beautiful work.

My most accomplished project - I got a lot of satisfaction after completing my first pair of socks, I felt soooooooo clever.

Sock yarn blankets are probably the things I enjoyed doing the most in recent times.

Bubblesknits said...

Love your name for your e-spinner. :D

Love, love, love that shawl! Wow!

I guess one of the projects I'm happiest with would be the hubby's DNA scarf. I never thought I could keep all those cables straight, but I did!

gMarie said...

I don't know that I've learned tons or feel really accomplished with any projects. Teaching myself two at a time toe up was fun, but not necessarily accomplished.

Your accomplishments are something to scream from the rooftops. If I remember correctly - you don't love the drop spindle, so not only did you make friends with it - you spend enough time with it to spin a shawls worth of yarn. I'm super impressed. Fabulous work. g

Lapdog Creations said...

Simply gorgeous!