Thursday, September 27, 2007

Sassy Socks and Gloves

As you can see, I have been a little busy. This year is a homemade Christmas and I have actually accomplished finished knitted projects.

A pair of socks for one of the daughters. Not sure which one, but one of them. I'm trying to decide if the striping is funky but to tell you the truth I'm one of those people who likes to beat her own knitting drum. So it doesn't matter if they match or not. After all, if I wanted matching socks, I'd buy them at a store. At least that's my theory.




Vet girl asked for a pair of gloves because she must walk dogs at the hospital. Gets a bit nippy with snow and below freezing temps around here. She sheepishly (no pun intended) informed me that she lost one of the wool gloves that I knitted for her last Christmas.
So, when a kid of mine loses a good wool hand knitted glove and yet still asks for hand knitted gloves, said kid gets wool/acrylic gloves. Somehow I have reasoned if these gloves get "misplaced' (sounds so much better than the word lost) that it wouldn't be as devastating to the knitter aka me, who has knitted them.

This is a wool fair isle hat I knitted for the second son in line. He asked for this hat 2 yrs ago. I found it in a long forgotten knitting bag. I love to do fair isle. This pattern is from the Hats On book. I added the earflaps. It is a nice soft Cascade wool. This is not a kid who loses good wool hand knitted garments so he gets his hat made from good wool yarn.

I still need to knit a few more socks, gloves, headbands and 3 sweaters before Christmas for the eldest son and youngest daughter. Someone (and she knows who she is)informed me it's only 89 days until Christmas. HELP! Where are those knitting fairies when I need them?





P.S. Homemade Christmas gifts does not mean this knitter will be making a Pittsburg Steelers black and yellow sweater for Mr. Bettis. His owner had the nerve to make such a request. So what? So he can chew it to pieces? Not-on-this-knitter's-life! he'll get chew biscuits instead and that hinges on whether or not he chews up anything else of mine in the next 89 days.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Like Mr. Bettis has any reguard for knit things? Really what a waste of time and yarn.

Love the gloves and the socks. I like mismatched socks too. Makes them one of a kind.

monica said...

I love the hat and socks. They are gorgeous. And I love the whole wool vs acrylic reasoning.