Wednesday, November 26, 2014

It's been a long, long time

It's been a while. It's been a long while but here I am again.
As I mentioned in a previous post, we're moving on so we trekked with friends to another re-enactment. We're smitten and will be joining the ranks of re-enacting. So I'm gathering patterns and fabric to make our authentic clothing. 
Weathermen said the temps would be in the 60's. Apparently they missed part of their forecasting because on Saturday it dropped to 45 with cold winds and by that night it was freezing. Unfortunately we were not prepared and took a trip to a dept store to purchase coats, gloves, hats, scarves etc. Good thing because the we attended the civil war church service and could see our breath.  It was cold!

 I even discovered some civil war garment knitting to make for myself and my friend.
 We were surprised to see quite a few young people involved in re-enacting and gotta say, it made me proud.
We had a wonderful time and we're looking forward to the next one.

No comments: