Sunday, December 04, 2011

Final Countdown has Begun

Our Thanksgiving was a quiet one and we were stuffed for days. My 92 yr old grandmother was able to attend and we enjoyed her company. She engaged in a game of Who-opoly with the younger set. It was a hoot hearing her try to get out of paying rent and these people are ruthless and give no slack (they learned from her)....LOL She even tried (laughingly) to con her way by using old age as an excuse.








Mr. Bettis was quiet for the most part waiting anxiously for a bit of turkey to land on the floor.












The Black Friday shoppers spent hours watching the Macy's Day Parade and studying the sales ads. Remind me to post a picture of them after their shopping spree....lol










My dishes are Platzgraff and these were given to us as a wedding gift from my in-laws. I only use them on special occasions. Our table setting is country simple :).










The time passed much too fast and soon it was time to load 'em up and move 'em out as the DH says. Chem Girl was packed and ready to head out to her college home.
Every year we give her a semester exam box. There is a package to open every day for the Final Exam Countdown.








The little red booklet has a hint of each package to be opened per day. She doesn't have time to read the blog so I'll share a few of the goodies. Just to name a few: a can of make your own snow, erasers (to erase the next 19 days), chocolate (to ease stress), grow your own tree (miniature and of course it's a joke), and a bag of crocheted white 'snow' balls (to grab a friend and have a 'snowball' fight.





We receive a text every evening of thanks for each little prezzie. It's nice to know she has a little highlight every evening.












I participated in a Christmas jingle and whipped up this little ornament package tie-on.

The final countdown has begun here as well. We have opted for only homemade gifts with the exception of a few inexpensive gifts. The baking/candy making marathon is upon us and the decorating is almost finished.
How is it that we know this day comes every year at the same time and I'm always last minute?

3 comments:

SissySees said...

I've become more and more last minute over the years. I think it's my own resistance to the consumerism. This year, my list is immediate family and young children only, and that seems to be helping... some.

Laura Neal said...

I am doing the family Christmas this year and I have to clean my house for it. I am actually knitting a prayer shawl for a friend and that is pretty much it. I have donated to three charities and my hands aren't going to let me knit anything else. I just hope I can finish the shawl in time.
Love Grandma in trying to con everyone. LOL!

Lapdog Creations said...

Did you notice you won in the planet dog contest? I need your addy please!