Thursday, May 05, 2011

It's Spring....again

Mr. Bettis barks and barks. All. Day. Long. And this is what has captured his undivided attention as well as the birds, squirrels, leaves...come to think of it, anything that moves.
This rabbit is BIG! Kind of reminds me of Harvey only he's not white.
Gonna be a lo-o-o-ong summer as usual.








It's been rare seeing the sun and today is one of those rare days. I'm a fan of Dandelions. Yup! Good ole dandelions. Nothing like a child showing up at the door hands behind their back clutching a fistfull of yellow dandelions. Brings a smile to my face just thinking of those days. We would choose a special Ball brand jar, fill it with water and put them on the dinner table for everyone to enjoy.
Love the smell of these little yellow flowers and dandelion makes great tea.




Chem girl called and she snagged two more trees. I'm telling ya, we're gonna be hidden in a forest by the time she graduates.
She asked about Chester and I must admit I was a bit concerned. Chester is small and the winter was harsh.
*sigh* So I grabbed the camera and cautiously approached dear little Chester.







Took a deep breath and looked into his tall house.
And there he was dressed in beautiful green finery.












I removed his house to get a better picture. Seems Mr. (or is it Mrs?) has a sprout. It's hard to see but on the left right beside Chester there's a skinny little sprout.
Chester has survived!!

Now to find room for the rest of the forest she's dragging home.

5 comments:

Lapdog Creations said...

Happy Spring... we've seen our bunnies all winter long, but now we're looking for Chucky......

SissySees said...

Hiya' Chester! What are the rest of the forest's names?

gMarie said...

Oh Lucy would love to have bunnies to bark and bark and bark at. But I'm sure they wouldn't stay around long.

Don't tell the student - but you need to pull that little sappling or Chester will be supplying the forest all by himself. Yea, seriously. g

Anita said...

The neighborhood cats have run off all of our bunnies, pout.

Awww, I gave my mom several bouquets of dandilions back in the day. :) Sweet. Every time I see one in my yard I think of that.

And I'm so glad that Chester made it through the winter!! Yay!

Bubblesknits said...

Mr. Bettis is just trying to protect you from the giant bunny of doom. ; )