Saturday, April 02, 2011

MIssed April 1st

I missed April Fool's Day and it's a good thing. I like to have a good laugh but not at the expense of a practical joke. I like humor but not practical jokes. Mother Nature played a practical joke all day yesterday. We had sun, rain, sleet and snow all in one day. Hope She had fun and got it out of her system. While I'm a winter gal it's time for flip-flops and t-shirts. Of course I hope it doesn't come with the heat and humidity. At least until I get this wool blanket finished. I'm making progress though. I cast on for a very special sweater. Can't mention it here but I know it will be appreciated and worn with love. Yes, another pic of the Earth and Sky set. It was packaged, sent and well received. There's been a bit of drama in our neck of the woods. Someone put duct tape around a dog's snout and threw him out of their truck into the creek. The men who did this were seen by a few fishermen. "Ducky" (as he is now dubbed) survived and is on the run. After a few days of organizing, safe traps are set and spotters are on the look out in an attempt to capture the poor thing. There a lot of woods and mountains for this little guy to hide. He has been spotted and we're praying he's caught soon and receives food and medical care. As for the perpetrators they also need to be caught and prosecuted and they will! Small town talk has a way of giving necessary information.

2 comments:

SissySees said...

Beautiful knitting!

So sad about Ducky. I can understand why he isn't interested in letting more humans get close, but I hope he'll trust someone enough that he can get the help he needs to survive.

Bubblesknits said...

Karate Kid is huge on April Fool's jokes. We had a looong talk with him before he went to school and thankfully, he made it through the day with no calls from the principle. lol However, Dr. Tooth and I did show them how April Fool's can be fun without anyone being embarrassed or hurt. While they were at school, we went upstairs and switched their fitted sheets. KK got Disney Princesses and DL got Star Wars. The squeals & giggles that night when they got in bed were hilarious.