Thursday, August 03, 2006

The Debut!



I went to the mailbox when I saw the mailman
arrive. I nonchalantly walked to the mailbox humming a nonsense tune, staring at the sky acting as thought I had not seen him pull up to our mailbox. I discreetly watched as he put letters into the mailbox. No package. (sigh) Er....wait........why did he stop after the last mailbox? Could it be? Yes-s-s-s! He opened the trunk of his car (in rural America the mailman delivers from his own vehicle) and there it was! The most beautiful brown box ever. I tried to reach for it without shaking too much but I'm afraid my excitement was obvious. I grabbed the box and all but ran to the house for fear another knitter was lurking in the woods knowing I was expecting this package. I grabbed a knife to tear at the box (forget scissors, I didn't have time to look for them) and ...oh my gosh.......there it was, in all it's glory: The Sock Wizard and my DPNs. I dashed to the computer and made the 15 yr old install that baby asap. The wizard was installed in less than 5 minutes and the pattern printed ready for use. I took my yarn and those brand new DPNs from KnitPicks and I started my first ever toe-up socks. I've made at least 50 pr cuff down and I have half that many started somewhere around here but I've never made toe-up. You're the first to see them. Viola! The Debut!

1 comment:

Laura Neal said...

Aren't they great and fast? If it hadn't been for Grumperina inspiring me, I would never have tried them. I love not having to turn a heel. smile smile wink wink!!