Saturday, June 07, 2014

Hee Haw Honeys

The scrapbook event was a big success. It was a fund raiser for a local school volleyball team. A 12 hour event and we talked, laughed, ate great food and managed to actually accomplish some scrapping. I met up with good friends and met some new ones. These two are very dear friends and I always have a good time with them. One of the husbands nicknamed us the "Hee Haw Honeys". There's always a smart one on the sidelines...LOL
My expectations were a bit too high for my personal scrapping but I am pleased with some of the pages. I'll post pics later when I'm not too tired to take the pics of the pics.

A few of my dear dear children claim these albums are nothing but craftiness. I don't really care if they consider them crafty or not, I enjoy it (they should be thankful I'm 'crafty' and not worrying them to death...lol). They need not be concerned that the albums will appear on their doorstep disguised as a thoughtful gift. They're staying with me until the day arrives for my 'dirt nap' then they will discover they have inherited dear ole mama's 'crafty photo albums' along with mounds of paper, fabric and yarn. Should make for an interesting little clean out endeavor. I thought about de-stashing in a big way to spare their wee souls but *shrug* I figure I spent years gathering my 'goodies' and I intend to enjoy them.
Since a few don't have a hobby, I'm letting the clean out for them. I mean, why not? It will give 'em something to do with their idle hands. Like any caring mother I'm nnly thinking of them, you know ;) After all, idle hands are the works of the devil (as my great-grandmother always said)....hee-haw!

No comments: